Advanced Programming Techniques
- Demonstrate the use of advanced data look-up techniques such as array processing, hash objects, formats, and combining/merging data
- Reduce computing resource requirements by controlling the space required to store SAS data sets using compression techniques, length statements, or eliminating variables and observations
- Reduce programming time by developing reusable SAS programs which incorporate data step views, DATA steps that write SAS programs, and the FCMP procedure
- Perform effective benchmarking by using the appropriate SAS System options and interpreting the resulting resource utilization statistics
- Identify appropriate applications for using indexes and create them using the DATA step, the DATASETS procedure, or the SQL procedure
- Compare techniques to eliminate duplicate data using the DATA step, the SORT procedure, and the SQL procedure.